Thursday, August 28, 2008

update 8.28.08

So, the month of August flies by.  I mean, it's one of those times of the year that I look back on and can't remember how one day led into the next.  And, what's equally interesting is that each day holds so many new experiences that last week seems like months ago.  And, after three pretty relaxed months, I enjoy the time.  In fact, it's my constant work with the awesome people that truly makes me forget how old I am. 

The pictures on this entry were taken over the past few weeks.  The top one is a selection of students with whom I work.  And, I'll say it again, these are the kids that will one day shape the world for a better place.  They are just THAT good.  The second one was my glow-in-the-dark, miniature golfing
team.  We were pretty awesome.  John (far left) and I tied for first place.  

So, these next pictures were from Fire Safety Training, with Memphis Firefighter Jeremy Lansing.  Jeremy has come out to Rhodes a couple of times to teach the students how to use a fire extinguisher.  I think that most of the girls get really passionate about fire safety after the training.

And, this is John.  John really got into the training...to the point of donning the gear (except I think he was wearing flipflops) so that he could re-light the fire after it has been extinguished.  

But, that's a glimpse of my life over the past few weeks.  Now it calms down and I get to actually remember the days as the fly by.

No comments: