Saturday, March 21, 2009

quick update

The past month went a little like this:

Went to St. Louis for some work-related stuff and got to tour the Budweiser Brewery (w/ free samples) and go to the top of the Arch.  The Arch was a little scary.  It's really tall and you have to sit in this little Jetson's-like contraption to get to the top.

I got back from St. Louis and got sick. Really, really sore throat.   I voluntarily went to the doctor, which is not normal.  They said that I wasn't sick.  I begged to differ.  Regardless, the next two weeks were painful, but extremely busy at work.

In the midst of that, I went skiing in North Carolina.  I wasn't too sick to go skiing.

My mom and Aunt Liz came to visit me the next weekend.  We went down to Tunica, Mississippi and played the penny slots.  High rollers!

I had a weekend off and played in a whiffle ball tournament.  It was around that time that I found out that my scheduled trip to Reynosa, Mexico with some students at Rhodes had been cancelled due to some recent violence on the Mexican border.  So, it was during the first half of the Duke/Carolina game (last one of the regular season) that I decided to go with some other students to New Orleans to help with rebuilding.

And, now, I just got back from that adventure.  I'll be posting stories about New Orleans on the Rhodes College blog.  If you're interested, you can read those here: Rhodes College Blog.


No comments: