Monday, May 11, 2009

great sense of direction?

I recently have travelled to a couple of places (New Orleans; Pinnacle Mount, AR) with two friends who've claimed to have incredible senses of direction.  They managed to maneuver us around in circles in New Orleans for a few hours--at least it felt like that.

I also have a mom who is directionally challenged. She claims it to be a disability.  (I don't know if the ADA covers that.)  I think she only says that because she wants some understanding when she turns left after I tell her to turn right.

My father is a forester and land surveyor, and made his living by navigating the moss on the trees to find his way.  For as much as I feel that I've inherited my father's gift, I choose to not declare that I have a great sense of direction.  Because that means tomorrow I'll get lost when I walk to work or something crazy like that.


No comments: