Tuesday, August 21, 2007

What I Do

For the past fifteen days (and for nine months out of the year), I have the privilege to work with and support some student leaders as they work to make this college community a great place to live and learn. Here's a picture of us as a staff....
These kids are fun. Most of them don't take themselves too seriously. I try to live life like that as well. Too many times, it's easy to get caught up in the drama of things. But, I truly appreciate that when we're around each other, there's a lot of laughter.
They get to be the front line for all of the joys, sorrows, conflicts and victories that the students at Rhodes face. I get to support them through that. It's trying work. If you've been an RA, you know that it's not always easy (or natural) to bear all of these burdens around you. However, it's rewarding, at times. But, beyond all of that, these kids embrace the family that comes with the job. Individually, each achieves success in ways that are unspeakable (or, untype-able as it would be.) Collectively, they inspire me.

No comments: