Thursday, November 8, 2007

Thoughts

Well, it's been over a month since I've posted on here. I've certainly thought about all of the great things to write about, but have failed to follow through. So, here I am.

I've been out of the office for most of the past two weeks. And, yet, I choose to write on this rather than address the mounds of paperwork sitting on my desk. I call this, my procrastination technique. It looks as though I'm actually doing work, when, instead, I'm merely avoiding. This is a wonderful game that I often play with my paperwork. I avoid it. It doesn't get the hint to file itself or fill itself out or recycle itself. So, in time, I'm left to actually address the pile. See, I don't like random pieces of paper lying around my office. It bothers me. So, each piece has a place. I just wish that it would find it without me getting involved.

In other news, I just returned from my first real trip to Texas. I've recently survived a fall down a flight of stairs at my parent's house. I started teaching a class at my church for some students. Last month, I published a book of pictures (and I gave it to my Dad for his birthday.) And, now, I'm ready to decorate for Christmas. Yes, I'm one of those people who embraces Christmas music that starts on November 1st.

No comments: