Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Wednesday


So, I'm in NC on vacation, visiting my family for the Thanskgiving holiday. Today, my Mom and I went to Charlotte to visit the Billy Graham Library. I'll put a picture to the right, so you can get a glimpse, but it's a massive building. 40,000 square feet devoted to the work that Billy Graham did for the Lord. Quite impressive.

Anyways, his wife, Ruth Bell Graham, passed away this past June. On her tombstone, the only inscription says, "End of Construction. Thanks for your patience." Story has it that Ruth was driving through a construction site and saw that common sign at the end of the renovation. Immediately, she said, I want that on my gravestone. I think it's quite profound. We're all a work in progress, one that is not completed until our time on earth is done. And, ultimately, those around us, my exhibit great patience as we learn and grow and learn some more.

No comments: