Thursday, February 28, 2008

apples

Well, I'm battling a sore throat. I've been doing the salt water thing and got a prescription for penicillin. I tested negative for strep throat, which is good. I'm not typically this attentive to being sick, but I leave for Mexico in two days. I don't want to be really sick in Mexico with no prescription drugs. It's been a few days since I ate an apple, so I blame that on why I got sick. I was following that apple a day advice and then just lost track. Oh well.

Mexico will be awesome. I'm heading down there with other staff from Rhodes and over twenty students. We're going to build two houses in a week. Talk about efficiency. I think it took my parents about 9-12 months to get their house built. I suppose it's worth noting that the houses we build versus houses constructed in the US are quite different. But this experience, it's worth more than a new US house.

No comments: