Thursday, January 10, 2008

elevation

So, some of my family have been attending this church called "elevation" in Charlotte, NC. Now, when I go home, this is where I go to church. It's definitely worth the 45 minute drive.

I think what automatically drew me to the church was the connection to the pastor, Steven Furtick. Now, he's quite charismatic and definitely passionate and devoted to what he does. But, my draw was that we were from the same place. He grew up in Moncks Corner, SC. I first lived in Moncks Corner when I was born. We then moved to the next county over, but there's still that connection. When I listen to his sermons on podcasts and I hear him talk about Ridgeville, SC--a place that no one knows about--I'm drawn back home.

Anyways, here's his blog. http://www.stevenfurtick.com/?page_id=138
You should check it out. Good book recommendations as well. Also, if you're looking for a great video podcast check out the church's website: http://www.elevationchurch.org/

No comments: