Thursday, January 24, 2008

things that go beep

For the past three days, I have been terrorized by some random beeping thing in my office. I slowly began to remove things in hopes that the beepy thing was in a random box or something. Today, one of the students revealed that she and another RA had used me as their test subject for this abuse. After learning this, I notified Stephen, one of the individuals involved, to be aware that payback is on the horizon. Here is his response:

Regina,

Since I have been implicated, I am willing to admit my part in this. I don't know what Sarah told you, but I feel it is only fair for me to give you my side of the story. For Christmas, Andy gave me a gift certificate to Thinkgeek.com, and the evil genius within me couldn't resist getting one of these beepy things, thinking what havoc I could wreak upon the Residence Life Office. It took Sarah's malevolent influence three weeks later, however, to convince me to actually go through with it, and to choose you as the innocent target of our assault on sanity. I won't deny my complicity, but it should be noted that I was merely a puppet; Sarah was the true mastermind behind this plan, and that you were chosen because you were convenient. Had I been acting alone, the beepy thing would have stayed in its box until I found someone truly deserving, such as, perhaps, Brian Jones.

That being said, I realized when I committed myself to this conspiratorial course of action that I would be opening myself to your revenge after it was discovered. I was, of course, hoping to remain anonymous and ninja-like, thereby dodging your just retribution, but Sarah's remorse overcame operational prudence and she spilled the beans. I am certainly willing to accept the consequences of my actions, and I do not intend to beg for mercy. Bring it on, as they say.

Anyway, I'll see you around!

.stephen

No comments: