Thursday, January 3, 2008

snow in the south

So, yesterday, I drove from NC to Tennessee. Simple enough, right? I mean, they're right next door to one another. They connect through I-40. But, due to the snow in the mountains, I took the route that guided me from NC to SC to Georgie to Alabama (my first time) to Mississippi (I've been there about five times) and, finally, to TN. Birmingham scared me. I stopped at some random gas station on Hwy 78. I got out and immediately got back in my car. It seemed to be one of those gas stations that, well, didn't sell gas.

I also would like to suggest that no one make a twelve hour drive on a sprained foot/ankle. It's a crappy way to travel. I hurt my foot while playing soccer with my dog in the field at my parent's house. My dad decided to lecture me on the stupidity of that decision. I decided to, subsequently, spend New Year's Eve on the couch with my right foot wrapped in ice. I returned to Memphis on what is predicted to be the coldest night of the year. Too much excitement from a simple drive. But, when you mix snow and the south, it's nothing like normal.

That's all I've got for now.

No comments: