Sunday, June 29, 2008

baking

So, I'm home in NC for the week...and the garden on the farm is in full bloom.  Actually, it's past bloom and moved into delivery.  Today we picked blueberries, blackberries and raspberries until we couldn't stand it anymore.  I'm sure there are still plenty still left on the vines (in some cases branches.)  But, we've decided to turn these delicious fresh fruits into radical concoctions of muffins and trifles (thought not like the Friends version of a trifle.)

As we speak, my mom is baking.  I made her pause for a picture with me.  Here it is:

We're working on a batch of double berry muffins.  I've found that these Kitchen Aid mixers are something.  They basically do the baking for you.  I'm giving this mixer a name...what about Sylvester? I believe that I could simply put the ingredients next to Sylvester and he would just take care of the rest.  He could probably even put the mixed ingredients into the oven.  He's just that good.


1 comment:

Crystal said...

hey girl... you're in NC? WHere at? Anywhere close to Charlotte?