Monday, June 9, 2008

it's raining


Tonight, I went to get my headlight fixed on my car.  I recently was informed that it was burnt out.  It was a kind police officer who blocked my car from advancing through a traffic light and megaphoned me that I needed to turn on my lights.  I told him they were, only to find out that one was not.

So, I drove to the friendly Advanced Auto Parts, where a helpful guy named Timmy tried to install the replacement light bulb.  Apparently, it's a huge ordeal to change a head light on a Pontiac Vibe.  I think Timmy mentioned some disassembling of my car in order and the need for a hacksaw to perform the service.  I opted to get the dealer to fix it, along with some other needed repairs.  Timmy thought that was a good idea.

On my way back, I got caught in one of those storms that the South is famous for.  You know, the one where it's raining on one side of your house but not the other.  And, the storm comes out of nowhere.  But, it's been a while since it's rained and it smells so good.

3 comments:

the RE:[al] Kevin said...

it rained last night here. i danced in it. i feel like dad ... talking about the rain.

Crystal said...

lol... remember that time you were all alone in Baldwin and were carrying your laundry basket to your car in the rain and fell down the stairs and messed up your knee? For some reason you mentioning rain made me think of you telling that story... I think I still have it in an email somewhere....

how are ya doing?

-Crys crys

Anonymous said...

crystal...i really don't remember that. but, then again, i try to block out all of the times that i've fallen and hurt myself.