Monday, June 16, 2008

the dentist


I had a dentist appointment this morning.  My dentist office is this mom and pop shop.  It's just a three person operation...Dr. Elliot (the dentist), Corrine (his wife--the admin.) and Dawn (the hygienist.)  I like the fact that when I walk in, they know who I am.  They remember the conversation we had six months ago.  I feel like it's a simpler way of life.

Speaking (or rather, typing) about simple ways, I'm reading this book by Shane Claiborne called "The Irresistible Revolution."  It's got me thinking...and acting a little different.  I'm not an ordinary radical, but I do believe that I need to have a greater impact on my world.  (Claiming this as "my world" is a struggle for me, since I like to share and say "we" a lot.  But, the impact I have is on my world.)  Anyways, it's a book worth reading.  It's one of those that shakes you up a little, if you let it.  And, sometimes it's good to get shaken up a little.

I think I'm going to see if Brent wants to play Rockband for a while.  I'm working on my rhythm by playing the drums!

No comments: