Wednesday, July 9, 2008

back in memphis


So, I'm back in Memphis after spending a while in NC.  It was good to see the family.  I got to spend some quality time with my grandparents, aunts, uncles and cousins.  Moreover, Kevin and Amanda and I got to spend time with mom and dad.

On Monday afternoon, Amanda and I went walking in the lower field of the farm to see if there was water in the creek.  (See, Central NC is in a severe -er, exceptional- drought and it poured rain on Sunday.)  And, there were some splashes and pools of water around.  And, as Amanda and I stood and stared at the random accumulations of water, Amanda notices a large bone laying in the creek.  I mean, this thing could be the size of a dinosaur's shoulder blade.  Well, now that I think about it, it was more likely the hip bone of a cow.  Regardless, it was a large bone laying in the creek. So, Amanda and I set out to find more bones.  Amanda (now nicknamed Long Feather--completely unrelated story) finds the skull of a small animal, with the upper jaw still holding onto teeth.  We took the bones back to my dad to get confirmation of what they belonged to when they were being used.

And, we all got to play the Nintendo Wii...a lot.  I was sore several days.  My mom learned that she was a better bowler left handed, as she was trying to give her arms an equal workout.  Kevin is the most efficient user of the Wii.  Though, Winston is the most vocal.  I don't think he appreciates the animated characters.  He likes to growl at them.

No comments: