Friday, July 11, 2008

quotes from a book

I read a book called "The Irresistible Revolution" by Shane Claiborne while I was in NC on vacation and I wanted to remember some things he wrote. So, I'm scribing them onto my blog...

"I had a college professor who said, 'All around you, people will be tiptoeing through life, just to arrive at death safely. But dear children, do not tiptoe. Run, hop, skip or dance, just don't tiptoe.'"

"There is a brilliant truth I have come to see, largely because of Dietrich Bonhoeffer, spiritual writer and fellow register, whose words are now inscribed on my wall: ' The person who loves their dream of community will destroy community [even if their intentions are ever so earnest], but the person who loves those around them will create community.'"

No comments: