Tuesday, May 20, 2008

back in the states

Hi y'all.  I'm back here, in my living room in Memphis.  It's a drastic difference.  I've gotten use to spending the evening sweating/recovering from some hard labor.  Now, my apartment is air conditioned and empty...except for me.  It's strange.  This whole reconditioning back to this environment challenges me.  And, I was only in Nicaragua for eight days.  But, it's like a second home now.  It's easy to adjust to life there and hard to get back to this life.  Perhaps I should spend more time figuring out why that is.  

I'll be posting pictures soon.  The team was awesome.  We were able to build a house and do a lot of work around the orphanage.  And, best of all, I got to spend some quality time with my boys, Josue and David.  It's been awesome to see how much they've grown and to know that they're doing well.  And, I stood on the edge of an active volcano.  How cool is that?


No comments: