Friday, May 9, 2008

packing


I'm a planner.  As much as I appreciate the spontaneous, I still need order in my life.  I balance between sticking to my "to do" list and embracing those moments of unconstructed opportunities to have some fun.

Right now, late on a Friday night, I'm packing.  Well, I'm organizing my stuff to start packing. Who does that?

I'm leaving for Nicaragua early Monday morning.  So, needless to say, I'm starting my packing process long before I really need to.  But, that gives me comfort.  I can't stay up the night before a trip like my friend Khorey always does.  I also can't get up early the morning before to pack...mainly because I wouldn't sleep knowing that I might be rushed the morning before.  So, it's necessary for me to plan this early so that I can maintain my peace of mind.  

As for Nicaragua, I would covet your prayers for our trip.  This will be my first trip back to Vera Cruz in 2.5 years.  I'm excited to see the kids at the orphanage.  I'm really excited to see some immediate impact of my actions, as we build a house for a deserving family.

On a random note, this is a picture of me and James Dean.  For some reason, the crazy man from Graceland Too had this cut out of James Dean.  He said that Elvis was suppose to be the rebel in "Rebel Without A Cause."  I'm glad it was James.  He was definitely more attractive. And, these are my friends Jane, Khorey and Amy.  We shared this terrifying experience.  And, I would like to think that we're better people because of it! 

No comments: